Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nothing Happens To Me


In the first part of the new Sherlock Holmes series," Study in Pink", Dr. John Watson is being told to write his experiences in his journal by his therapist. She says: "John, you are a soldier and it is going to be difficult to transition into a civilian. You need to write down everything that happens to you." John looks up at her and says: "Nothing happens to me." This was just before he meets Sherlock Holmes.

Sometimes in reality, the same happens. When I started this blog, I would have said the same. Nothing really happens to me. I thought the adventures were over for me. I was wrong. John was wrong. The adventures just keep happening. Of late, I have moved to Portland, Oregon. I am now fighting cancer on two fronts. I am scheduled for surgery this month and will be going to the hospital and a convalescent home for a while. Who knows what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment