Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home


One of the concerns upon returning home was that I would revert back to the way I was before I left for Korea in March of this year. I did not want to do this as I had changed for the better. I eat far less than I used to. I exercise for more than I used to, and I am a regular writer now. Now, that I am home, finally, I can see that I can't change. I have discovered that reverting is not possible. I have become the person I wanted to become when I started my quest to be healthier both mentally and physically.

I have read somewhere that when you make adjustments, transform yourself, the people around you often feel puzzled by it or even feel left out of your life to some degree. It is true. Some relatives are even angered by the revisions, and I am sorry for it. I am not going to go back to the person I was before. It took a while for me to understand that part. I was faced with some of my family's resentment, and it astonished me. It was only a few people though. I like my new life. I am not going back even if I could.

I am getting used to the modifications in my house. They were not completed. My house was gutted and unfortunately all of it was put in a pile in my yard. I am arranging that it be towed away as soon as possible. Hopefully, it will be taken away this week. The problem with this stuff is it encourages critters and this must be avoided. I am sure this will be done soon.

Right now, I am trying to learn my new computer and I have not done so yet. I am using my laptop right now. Today, I have plans on going to the post office to change my address since I could not do it over the Internet for some reason. I hate doing it because it is the Christmas Season, but it can't be helped. I will also go to my auto insurance company to ask for a refund since I have been paying insurance for a car I did not have. I will be going to lunch with one of my grandsons at a buffet that has a special price at 1pm. Oh, the benefits of being a senior citizen.

Again, these developments were totally unexpected. I am sure there are more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment