Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...


I wrote about this before. I wished for more adventure in my life and then I was on my way to Korea. Then I wished for more friends and then not only am I meeting wonderful people but I have been dating a delightful man. The only downside is that I need to establish boundaries so I can have time to do my writing. That has been suffering of late, but my love life has been wonderful. I thought that part of my life was over. Again, be careful what you wish for.

I checked some books out of the library and they have been useful in helping me learn to establish boundaries instead of building walls. I think that is what I have been doing for years. Also, the books which I will list later are wonderful in helping me learn about anger for past events in my life. Thank goodness for the library and the Internet.

I have been looking at people and beginning to see them for who they are and not for who I want them to be. I did not even know I did that. Gee, it took so long for me to learn that. Being retired gives me the time to learn so much about myself and others. I can see why the independently wealthy were the ones who could become the philosophers and thinkers. Everyone else was too busy trying to make a living.

I think I saw my new boyfriend with someone new today, and I think I was relieved as I need the time to do the other things I got going. He is a very nice man, but he does not like being alone. That was beginning to be a problem for me. I need the time alone to get some work done and I am expanding my interests in other areas such as League of Women Voters. I have been making friends with some wonderful women who share some of the same interests as I do. I think I have been gaining weight because of the dinners the new boyfriend has been taking me to. I only eat one meal a day and I have been eating more than that. Well, you know what they say about men at least for heterosexual women, they are like buses and there are always another one along. Of course the last bus I caught was in Korea and that was a surprise as well. I am not going to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment