Saturday, February 26, 2011

Facebook


I go to the Veterans Clinic for all of my medical needs and have since 1970. I have been more than satisfied by the medical services of the clinics and hospitals, but the mental health part of the VA really sucks. When I see the VA trying to reach out to those with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) which I have, I see red. I have written letters and did everything I could not to get money but to get therapy. I have done most on my own treatment with journals and reading of self-help books and paid for my own therapy. I have been fighting them since the Viet Nam War without success. The claims that I filed were so bad, they became traumatic in themselves and I will never attempt them again. Even my sons and friends who were with me agree.

On my Facebook Page, there was a statement from the Veterans Administration that they are really having success in reaching veterans. I had once said that I liked them which I do for my medical needs. I said they were horrible in reaching out to veterans. Well, for the last few days I have been getting phone calls from my doctors here in Redding asking me if everything was alright. It seems someone read my statement. They did not read my letters nor anything else I did in official channels but did read my Facebook complaint.

I still have not resolved the problem, but I did get a suggestion from one of my doctors which I will follow through next week. I will also look up the Veterans Administration on Facebook and let them know that I love my medical treatment there and in fact they saved my life on more than a few occasions. Who would have figured the government reads my Facebook statements?

No comments:

Post a Comment