Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Day


Today is Thanksgiving Day although not in Korea. It is only Wednesday in the US. It was always one of my favorite holidays when I had a regular job and was in school because we got two days off and the weekend. Sometimes, I had a job that made no difference but in the last years of working it did. That is what made it such a favorite day.

On a television show that I watch on the Internet, the announcer stated that he asked for viewers to tweet what they were most thankful for. Many viewers said family, good health and other things. He put up some of his favorites such as Sarah Palin not being president and that Sharon Angle and Christine McDonald not winning their senate races. He said his favorite was the little beeper in your car that tells you when you turn off the car that the lights are still on. That is how they ended the show with that sound playing.

I am grateful for my trip to Korea although I had to go kicking and screaming all of the way. I remember crying a tear or two when I saw Mt. Shasta on the way over here. Korea was not one of the places on my list of I most wanted to go in the world. It turned out to be one of the best things to happen to me in a very long time. Even the awful people that I met here at first turned out to be angels in that they pointed me in the right direction for my life to go. So, on this Thanksgiving Day, I want to thank them although I doubt they had that in mind when they yelled and screamed at me.

I am grateful for my family especially my grandsons for just being themselves. My youngest grandson wanted to tell me something important on the phone a while back and it was to say "I'm hungry." He had no idea that I could not come home and fix him something to eat." I miss my sons and grandsons and look forward to seeing them soon.

Most of all, I am grateful that I woke up this morning alive and well. I won't always do that, of course; but this morning I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment