Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anger, again


This time I am dealing with anger from members of my family. I am not backing down on wanting rent from my son. We had a deal in which he could just work off the rent in some chores around the house. As I have written, towards the end of the month, I have to lay down the law and get some chores done by ordering people to do this or that. I don't want to be put in this situation. I think by having a list of things that are expected done, I should not be put into the position of parent to a child that is close to 40 years old.

The old ways of doing things when I was raising them is not going to work. I want things in writing and then they will work on their own. One has to do this or that at such and such time. That is how it is done in the real world. If my son does not like it, he can live somewhere else. I don't expect a lot of things to be done and he does none of it anyhow. His family does all of it. I just want the anger and fighting to stop.

He wanted me to sign a piece of paper agreeing to something that did not have any specific terms spelled out. I refused to do that. I am not signing a piece of paper that lets my son define the terms when he wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment