Tuesday, August 23, 2011

#NeverApologizeFor



Every so often, there are a flurry of postings on a certain headings on Twitter. This morning was for "#NeverApologizeFor". I twitted a few things about not apologizing for liking certain things such as reading and listening to particular kinds of music such as classical. Most of call I think it is important to be who one is without apologizing.

I put down in my Twitter that one should own up to who they are. Some interpret this to mean their sexual orientation and it might mean that to them although it does not mean that to me. Some people think it means being rude to some people, but I don't think it means that for me. I like to not say things to people I don't mean. If people are gossiping about someone, I like the freedom to go somewhere else. I think gossip can be vicious and mean. It means saying things that are compassionate and kind as I did when I worked at a regular job for the state of California and getting criticized for it. I got awfully tired of being called a "bleeding heart liberal" for simply trying to understand why people do certain things. This is the way I am. I am not going to apologize for it. I just turn around and went somewhere else. I don't have to listen to it.

I love to read and television is boring to me. I am not going to apologize for it. I know there are many people who find my interests dull. So be it. I love museums and art shows interesting and exciting. There is room for all of us in this world and don't understand why some people have to tell others what they think of their interests. If you want to do things that I find boring to me, then do them and leave me alone to do what I enjoy. Heavens knows there are plenty of people doing things I don't like as there are people who enjoy being together that I don't like. I don't see why anyone should apologize for certain likes and dislikes.

I remember being on a train where one has to share the dinning room tables. The train was going through Nevada and I was seated at a table with a couple of senior citizens. I was on my way to a training sessions for my regular job in Denver, Colorado. I was astonished by the beauty of the mountains and desert. I said as much when I sat down. The senior passenger got very angry at me and told me that I did not know what I was talking about. Then the waiter was very nice to me as he gave me a very good breakfast and I tipped him. The man got mad at me for tipping and again told me that. I was in a good mood and was not going to be talked out of it. I told him that I always tipped the waiters, and I found the scenery beautiful. I just ate my breakfast and worked very hard to ignore him. The wife never said anything.

I don't think any of us should apologize for anything unless we make a mistake and err on the side of bad manners. I have done that. I have bitten someone's head off, so to speak, because I was low on sugar as I was the other day. I apologized for that. I still think I was right in saying that the person in question needed more training on her computer and never said I was wrong only that I should not have been so negative. She discovered the error herself and corrected it.

I love Twitter because of the chances we have to Twitter about different things ever so often. I rarely have the chance to add my own posting to a subject. I sometimes put down the name of the book that I am reading on Friday. Every so often they have something that is fun to add one's own two cents worth as they did today. I read what other people post. Others have posted writing such things as never apologize for telling the truth or being bigger than you are. I am not sure I understand all of the posts but it is fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment