Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tethered to a Phone


I don't have a land line but use a cell phone. These days I am tied to the Veterans Hospital and am tied to my cell phone. Because my hearing is not what it used to be, I don't leave the house during the week until after the hospital closes so I won't miss a phone call. Getting the Veterans Hospital to answer a phone call is very difficult.

I need light bulbs(I also need bars of soap which I just found out works wonders on cramps on the legs. No one knows why it works, but that it does. You just rub it on your cramping legs and the cramps goes away.), but I can't get any until after 5pm when the VA closes. I am sitting close by my cell phone while it recharges. If I leave during the day, I can carry the phone but won't hear it. If I do hear it I might be driving the car. I never carry my phone on my person but in my purse. Even taking a bath is chancy as I move the phone into the bathroom while I take my bath and hope it doesn't ring as I would have to get out of the tub in a hurry. So far, that has not happened. I love the weekends because then that is not a problem as the VA is closed.

I have a friend that calls me from time to time and I always look forward to his calls. I don't like the beeping when another call is trying to get in. I remember a time when phones could not do that. My android phone does. I am glad I can get calls for the matter is my health and it is important. When I used to take trips to the lake I could get the news and listen to music. Now, I stay at home and wait for phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment