Sunday, March 13, 2011

Defining the Problem


In a post a few days ago, I mentioned the workshop on Healthier Living. I also mentioned that I got a lot of it including the need to change the way I looked at my life. What I may not have made clear was one of the things that was brought up in the workshop was that if one had a problem in dealing with issues having to do with one's health, the most useful thing to do was to define the problem. That was the single most important aspect that got me started in the right direction.

I started the workshop knowing that there were issues and that something was not right. I had no idea what it could be. I worked around it by trying to schedule my writing and exercises and to eat better and more healthier. I included more social activities in my life. Those additional changes helped but I knew something still was not right. I looked on those large poster papers that the workshop leaders had pasted up on the wall and the one thing that I could not answer was that I could not define what the problem was.

I did not define it until I had my dream and then like the old saying of the light bulb going off it did. The problem wasn't all of those little things although they were part of the problem it was much bigger. It was the way I looked at my life. I had to do a lot more than create or change my schedule. That is what I am attempting to do. It seems to be working for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment